Dr. Liam Regan MB BS MA (Hons)
Medical Council Registration Number: 402969 (Specialist Register)
Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) Reference Number: 225965
Liam is a graduate of Barts and the London School of Medicine and holds registration with the Medical Council in Ireland (Specialist Register) and is a member of the Irish College of General Practitioners.
He trained in Ireland and the UK, gaining invaluable experience working in Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, Paediatrics, Medicine for the Elderly, Sexual Health, Haematology, Hepatology, Oncology and Palliative Medicine.
His special interests include Men’s Health, Psychiatry and Nutrition. He has Professional Medical Indemnity Insurance.
He completed the Sexually Transmitted Infections Foundation Course of the British Association for Sexual Health & HIV (BASHH) and worked in the Ambrose King Sexual Health Centre, Barts and the London NHS Trust.
Liam has a lifelong commitment to community service (in both Ireland and overseas) to those who are marginalised, depressed and suicidal.
- Vincent De Paul – Liam has worked with the SVP https://www.svp.ie/
- Travellers – Liam volunteered with the South Dublin Traveller Support Group
- Street Children – Liam spent 6 months caring for the street children of Bogota, Colombia. He did this through the charity Fundacion Ninos De Los Andes https://ninandes.org/en/
- Saint Teresa of Calcutta – For 5 summers he worked in Kolkata with the Missionaries of Charity in their Home for the Dying, Khaligat https://missionariesofcharity.org/contact-us.html
- Suicide & depression – since the age of 17 years, Liam has worked as a volunteer with the Samaritans offering emotional support to those who are depressed or suicidal. He is a former Director of the Samaritans in Dublin and introduced the “Feet on the Street” initiative placing Samaritans in Central Bank Plaza and in Temple Bar, at night, to offer face to face support to those who might not otherwise have contacted the Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/ireland/samaritans-ireland/
- Prison Service – as a Samaritan, Liam visited the prisons regularly to offer emotional support to prisoners.